No Dirty Dishes Day -- May 18th
"No Dirty Dishes Day" falls on May 18 every year and encourages you to take a break from the daily chore. Although SERVPRO of DeRidder is a cleaning company, on this day, we advise you to not do your dishes. Please be advised that this is also not a suggestion to let all your dirty dishes pile up. Instead, this is a list of ways to creatively avoid using dishes today.
Here they are:
1. Use disposable plates, utensils and cups. Step it up a notch and head over to the park for a picnic.
2. Visit that new restaurant you've been wanting to try and dine-in with the family.
3. Order pizza! If you're not in the mood to leave the house for numbers 1 & 2, there will always be pizza.
After-party Cleaning Tips
This time of year has many Louisianians throwing parties to celebrate Mardi Gras. Unfortunately, for the hosts, big celebrations such as Mardi Gras also means a “big mess”. We’ve put together some post-party cleaning tips to help you survive the day after.
- For plates and pans that are harder to clean (probably from the King Cake), let it soak in soapy water first. Throw in a dryer sheet and notice the crumbs clinging on to the sheet.
- when cleaning up broken glass, wear a rubber glove to get the bigger pieces and pick up the smaller pieces with bread.
- For unwanted stains in the toilet, pour a can of Coke in the toilet bowl and allow it to sit for about an hour. Use a brush for an easier way to remove the stains.
- Ground coffee is helpful for cleaning up vomit. Spreading dry coffee grounds on vomit will help absorb liquids and mask the smell.
- To clean your grill, let the grill warm up to burn down any remaining food particles. Use a fork to clean the grill with half of an onion.
- Heat a mug of water in the microwave for a few minutes. This will loosen up grease and other microwave stains, making it easier to clean.
- Use soap and water to clean your blender. Pour the mixture into your blender and blend for 15 seconds.
For carpet, tile, and furniture cleaning, call
(337) 462-6500 to see how SERVPRO of Deridder, Leesville & Vinton can help.