After-party Cleaning Tips
This time of the year, many Louisianians throw parties to celebrate Mardi Gras. Unfortunately for party-hosts, big celebrations such as Mardi Gras also equals “big mess”. We’ve put together some post-party cleaning tips to help you survive the day after.
- For plates and pans that are harder to clean (probably from the King Cake), let it soak in soapy water first. Throw in a dryer sheet and notice the crumbs cling on to the sheet.
- Use bread for broken glass. Pick up the larger fragments with a rubber glove, and pick up the smaller pieces with bread.
- For unwanted stains in your toilet, pour a can of Coke in your toilet and let sit for about an hour. Use a brush to clean out the stains.
- Ground coffee can clean up vomit. Spreading dry coffee grounds on vomit will help absorb liquids and mask the smell.
- To clean your grill, let the grill warm up to burn down any remaining food particles. Use a fork to clean the grill with half an onion.
- Heat a mug of water in the microwave for a few minutes. This will loosen up grease and other microwave stains for you to wipe off.
- Use soap and water to clean your blender. Pour the mixture into your blender and blend for 15 seconds.
For carpet, tile, and furniture cleaning, call
(337) 462-6500 to see how SERVPRO of Deridder, Leesville & Vinton can help.