When Do I Need Air Duct Cleaning Services?
Air duct cleaning services are vital if your vents contain a build-up of contaminants. This can happen due to the growth of mold in ducting, or simply by the accumulation of airborne contaminants which can settle and multiply. Air duct cleaning is also an important recovery and restoration service after incidents such as a fire, when smoke and soot particles are absorbed into the building's ductwork. If not treated and removed properly, these contaminants filter through into the building’s breathing air through HVAC systems.
Your air ducts should be cleaned if:
- There are any signs of vermin present in the ducts or building—for example, insects or rodents.
- There is mold growth in any part of your HVAC system. Mold in air ducts causes harmful particles to be circulated around the building, which is detrimental to the health of occupants.
- There is a visible build-up of dirt, dust, or debris within the vents.
- There has been a fire in the building.
- There has been a flood in the building.
- There has been extensive renovation or construction work which has caused excessive dust or dirt in the air.
Air duct cleaning also works as a proactive solution to indoor air quality issues, helping to improve airflow through ducts, as well as the quality of the air distributed. Regular cleaning of your air ducts also ensures that your system is running efficiently, improving energy usage in your home or business.