Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
A water loss can be devastating to a property owner if they do not know the proper steps to take. Timing is everything when you are in these situations. No matter a large leak or a small one, a water loss can turn into being very severe situation. The sooner the call to SERVPRO of DeRidder, Leesville & Vinton is made the sooner we can assess the damages and mitigate.The sooner the loss is mitigated the better the chance more of the affected area(s) can be saved. No job is too small or large for SERVPRO of DeRidder, Leesville & Vinton.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (337) 462-6500
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.